The School Tamil Association has been started to teach the Tamil language to the students of Rahula College, in addition to their mother tongue, and improve their Tamil language skills. Currently, Ms. Chaturi Bandara, Ms. Lakshmi Ratnayake, and Ms. Indrani are teaching Tamil in our school.
Although the teaching of Tamil was implemented in government schools in 1984, due to the lack of teachers for this subject, it was only implemented in a few schools. Later, the Tamil language was made compulsory as a category subject for the G.C.E O/Ls, and therefore, teachers related to the Tamil subject appeared in schools. In this way, until the year 2019, Mrs. Edirisuriya, Mrs. Subha, and Mrs. Deepika Nilmini worked with dedication to improve the Tamil language skills of school students.
- In 2017, the Satipola program was conducted in the Tamil language to familiarize students with the spoken language.
- In 2019, a Thai Pongal festival was held, during which students performed a precious Tamil dance.
- Conducted school Tamil language singing competitions for school students.
- 2018 – Adil Nular, who was studying in 7th grade at that time, managed to get first place in the writing section of the All Island Tamil Language Competition.
- 2019 – Grade 8 student K.M. Nidula Nethmina won Southern Province third place in the Tamil writing competition of the National Language Contest.
- 2019 – 8th-grade student M. Adil Nular won Southern Province first place in the Tamil reading competition of the National Language Contest.
- 2019 – M.S.R. Hameez, who studied in 6th grade at that time, won Southern Province third place in the Tamil Speaking Competition of the National Language Contest.
- 2019 – S.H. Karunaratne was able to get the Southern Province second place in the Tamil Speaking Competition of the National Language Contest.